Chinook Provincial Recreation Area | Crowsnest Pass, Alberta
Chinook Provincial Recreation Area is a popular, family-oriented summer campground and day use area on the shore of Chinook Lake that offers plenty of recreational opportunities. The off-season offers excellent hiking and mountain biking on the cross-country ski trails. In the winter, cross-country trails and roads are groomed.
Crowsnest Pass Cross-Country Ski Association produces trail reports for cross-country trails, in the Allison-Chinook area.
Driving Directions to Key Access Points
Drive west on Provincial Hwy 3 from Coleman, Alberta and turn right on Allison Creek Road and continue 8 km (5 mi). Follow signage.
Highlights of this State or Provincial Park
- Fishing for stocked trout
- Small beach area with unsupervised swimming
- Boat ramp for non propeller boats
- X-country ski trail system (35km) located at the campground offers mountain bike and hiking trails with no motorized vehicles allowed. *Maps are available and all junctions are identified.
- 2 km walking Trail around the lake with views of Crowsnest Mountain and Mount Tecumseh.
Best Seasons or Dates to Visit