Kalispell Kreamery Farm Tour | Kalispell, Montana
Experience the last remaining creamery and dairy farm in the Flathead Valley. See how the cows are cared for and the fields where they graze. Explore the facility where fresh milk is processed into the creamery’s products. Hear from the farmers themselves about what they do and why they do it.
Every summer, Kalispell Kreamery invites visitors to the farm for the Milk and Cookies Event. In addition to the headlining treat of milk and locally-made cookies, visitors enjoy guided or self-guided tours of the dairy and creamery, generous free samples of all products, interactive play stations for the kids, and a meet-and-greet with the cows. During the rest of the year, the farm maintains an open-door policy, inviting visitors to stop in or give a call to schedule a tour.
Kalispell Kreamery and Hedstrom Dairy, where the milk is produced, are located just a few miles west of the city of Kalispell. Sustainable agriculture is at the forefront of their mission, and they work tirelessly to keep the dairy animals healthy without using antibiotics or hormones and process the dairy products minimally. The creamery produces a variety of all-natural, non-homogenized products, including milk, cream, Greek yogurt, and even cold brew coffee using locally- roasted Montana Coffee Traders coffee. Kalispell Kreamery's goal is to provide the community with safe, natural, and high quality products, and they have been doing so for almost a decade.
Activities at this Site
- Annual Milk and Cookies Event
- Farm tours (Contact the farm herefor more details.)
- Kalispell Kreamery prides itself in producing the safest, most natural, best-tasting products possible by not using antibiotics or hormones and pasteurizing but not homogenizing their milk.
- In response to the elimination of plastic recycling in the area, the creamery has set to work exploring alternatives to their plastic jugs. More information here.
- Kalispell Kreamery and Hedstrom Dairy use the manure from the dairy cows to produce all-natural compostthat is used at farms and personal gardens all over the county.