Two Medicine | Glacier National Park, Montana
The Two Medicine Valley sits in the southeast corner of Glacier. Two Medicine is less visited than other parts of Glacier, but is sure to impress with its dramatic views, rushing waterfalls, and reflective lakes.
Two Medicine has a campground, picnic areas, camp store and gift shop, as well as scenic boat tours and rentals, wildlife watching, and numerous hiking trails.
Highlights of this National Park or Protected Area
- Take an easy 1/4 mile walk to see Running Eagle Falls.
- Bring your own, or rent a rowboat, kayak, or canoe to explore Two Medicine Lake on the water.
- Hike to beautiful Upper Two Medicine Lake. Take the Glacier Park Boat Co., boat shuttle across the lake for a 4.8 mile round trip hike. Be sure to make a quick side trip to Twin Falls.
- For a long strenuous day hike or overnight backpacking trip, hike the 17 mile, 2,935 feet of elevation gain Dawson/Pitamakan Pass loop trail. This hike provides some of the most outstanding views in all of Glacier.
- At Two Medicine Lake, grab your binoculars and scan the steep Rising Wolf mountainside to spot bighorn sheep, mountain goats, and possibly even a black or grizzly bear.